Parents for Peace is an alliance of families impacted by extremism and supporters who work together to:
- Reduce stigma for those affected by extremism and enable them to speak out
- Provide support to people concerned that a loved one may be involved in extremism
- Increase awareness of the danger extremism poses to vulnerable youth.
- Connect diverse partners to develop effective counter-extremism solutions
- Community: act on our shared responsibility to protect young people
- Support: respect the emotional trauma of parents who lose children to extremism
- Tolerance: recognize that extremism comes in many forms can impact all of us
- Freedom: uphold core individual rights and democratic principles
- Nonviolence: use peaceful means to push back against extremism and hate
- Justice: hold accountable people who manipulate impressionable youth
Founders & Advisors
Click here for biographies of our founding parents.